INTER-ALLIED MEDAL, SO-CALLED OF THE VICTORY :
The originality of this commemorative medal comes from what it is township to fifteen countries allies, with a ribbon and features, identical, while remaining a national decoration for each of them, every country manufacturer his model
The idea of the creation of a common medal commemorating for every nation allied World War I is due to a French deputy, Bouilloux-Lafont, that presented during the hostilities, a proposition of law, to the Room of the deputies to create a " Medal Internationale of the War ".
After the armistice, his/her/its idea was taken by another deputy, Lebey, who presented a proposition of law all over again in the same sense the 17 December 1918.
But it is marshal Foch who carried away the decision while submitting to the Conference of the Peace opened to Paris in 1919 the institution of a medal commemorative unique that would be awarded to all allied fighters.
The Consultant Supérieur of the Allies decided therefore that every country would achieve his medal but with common essential features. She was created in France by the law of July 20, 1922, either two years after the Commemorative Medal of the Big War.
Its conditions of obtaining were more difficult and his goal, international, was not the same, one, called it of the rest the " Medal of the Victory ".
As for the Commemorative medal of the Big War a contest was organized and the jury kept the project of the same engraver, Morlon.
Without condition delay:
- military, male nurses and nurses civilians that during the Big War received the Cross of War or has been killed to the enemy or were evacuated for injury of war or died of the continuations of injuries or have been evacuated for contracted illness in service,
- young people of the class 1919 messengers in reinforcement before the armistice;
- military prisoners of war;
- Alsatians, Of Lorraine, deserters of the army German and committed against her. Subject to three months of presence to the armies, consecutive or no, between August 2, 1914 and November 11, 1918.
- marshals, general officers having ordered a big unit;
- military, male nurses and nurses civilians.
Under conditions of ten eight months of presence between the same dates:
- military being a matter for the Command of the Armies or Theaters of Outside operations, agents mobilized of the Paths of Country Irons, military staff of telegraphy;
- military being a matter for the Command of the Regions of the North and North;
- is for the periods where these regions were situated in the zone of the fights;
- male nurses and nurses civilians serving in the same conditions that above.
CONDITIONS OBTAINING :
The authorization to carry the medal is delivered by the military authority possessor of the candidate's pieces numbers. He/it is to note that the foreign that fill the conditions and served directly French under - command can receive this decoration.
THE DISTINCTION :
identical for all allied powers either associated, him face two bows in sky juxtaposed by the red with on every side one very thin white net (the presence of the two bows in sky symbolizes the new times).
round, in bronze, structural the effigy of a Victory in foot, up, of face and in the middle of the medal (the raised arms, she/it holds of the right hand a palm and of the left hand a crown of laurel; her is otherwise winged and girt on of one sword). The medal is of a very big quality. To the reverse: the enrollment " The Big War for the Civilization) 1914-1918 " is surmounted of the capital R.F.S. framing a cap phrygian.